It’s only one sleep away; don’t let the most important sleep of the year turn into a nightmare, so here are some last minute handy Elf & Safety tips to make sure Christmas Day goes to plan.
- Don’t serve Granny Sprouts > They’re a choking hazard. And they’re disgusting. Poor old Granny.
- Devise a seating plan > Everyone wants the last roast potato; make sure you get it in the melee that ensues. Position yourself correctly and you’ll be left without a black eye.
- A ‘dash’ of port > Cranberry & Port sauce, a true festive favourite but don’t fall into the trap of making your own. Unless you really don’t like the in-laws.
- Sleigh-share > Arrive at the party in style and make someone else drive or even better; walk! Christmas is the time to get a little tipsy so make sure you leave the keys to the Sleigh Sports 4.6 TDI at home!
- Sellotape Sensibly > Too much sellotape and someone gets a forearm to the face. Too little and the surprise is ruined. Throw in the copious amounts of alcohol already consumed = disaster!
- Have spare chocolates wrapped > You’ve given all the presents out and only then do you realise you’ve missed one of the extended families kids out by accident. As if by magic you’ve got a selection box hidden in a bag of spares to give them. Tantrum avoided.
- Avoid allergen drink disasters > Here’s a recipe for a dairy-free, sugar-free, vegan eggnog. Give them Bourbon.
Did you enjoy this post? Please leave me a comment using the form below to tell me what you did (and didn’t) like about this post and I’ll be sure to get back to you. Just above the comments box are five little grey stars and I’d really appreciate if you turned some of them yellow (preferably all five!) and used it to rate this blog as a quick visual way to let me know which of my posts you are enjoying more than others.
You can also follow me on Twitter @RNTomlinson and if you have any suggestions for future posts feel free to leave them down below, or tweet them to me too.