‘The Bucket List.’
‘Things to do before you die.’
An old craze that appears to have been resurrected, as seen by the brilliant ‘An Idiot Abroad 2.”
After stumbling across a few lists others have orchestrated, it got me thinking.
So here’s 27 (there’s no way I could come up with 101! But I’ll keep adding things every so often) things I want to do before I die.
- Visit America 16.05.2012 – 24.05.2012
Viva Las Vegas! I ticked number one off my bucket list in May 2012 when flying over to Sin City for Spencer & Rachel’s ‘Fabulous’ Elvis inspired wedding! Well That’s Nevada ticked off the 52 states list anyway!
- Set foot on every continent
- Have the confidence to actually write some comedy material
- Have the confidence to actually stand on a stage and perform some stand up
- Become a internationally known successful comedian
- Come out of the casino having actually WON some money
- Re-learn the guitar
- Be in a TV show audience
- Run a half-marathon 17.03.2013
Warwick hosted it’s first ever half marathon event in March 2013 and in order to cross an item off my bucket list, stupidly I signed up. My main targets were; 1) not to die and 2) actually finish. I can safely say I completed both of these targets and even surpassed the second by finishing in under two hours (1 hour 52 minutes and 15 seconds to be exact!) I’m so stupid I’ve signed up to do it again in March 2014!
- Run a full-marathon
- Get fit
- Check Facebook no more than twice a day
- Tie a secret to a balloon and let it go
- Go to the World Cup (and preferably see England win it)
- Become a fashion hairstyle icon like David Beckham
- Bury a time capsule
- Do 100 press ups in one go
- Do 100 sit ups in one go
- Get a six-pack
- Visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (again; this time getting a photo)
- Bungee jump
- Enter and win a competition
- Go to Stonehenge
- Shake hands with the President of the United States
- Visit all 50 States in America
States I have visited: Nevada. Only 49 to go!
- Be an extra in a movie
- Learn Spanish.
Ok, so this is a bit of a weird one. I learnt Spanish in Year 6 at primary school , but now my understanding of the language is ‘Hola!’ I think it’s time to start learning again!
Did you enjoy this post or can you think of anything I can add to my bucket list? Please leave me a comment using the form below to tell me what you did (and didn’t) like about this post and I’ll be sure to get back to you. Just above the comments box are five little grey stars and I’d really appreciate if you turned some of them yellow (preferably all five!) and used it to rate this blog as a quick visual way to let me know which of my posts you are enjoying more than others.
You can also follow me on Twitter @RNTomlinson and if you have any suggestions for future posts feel free to leave them down below, or tweet them to me too.